Thursday, November 20, 2008

What is that on earth?

"What is that on earth?" is the newest phrase Marlena is trying out. I think she's trying to say "What on earth is that", but isn't quite getting it right. I do think the phrase is quite appropriate for this picture of Wolfie.


We were at a friend's house last week and her daughter had a head band with the long blond hair attached. Marlena wasn't interested in trying it on, poor Wolfie didn't really get a say in the matter, but I thought he looked quite funny. Like one of those troll dolls. The joys of having a baby.

In reality, he isn't quite as bald as he looks. At 6 months, Marlena had male-pattern-baldness going on - lots of hair around the ears and back, but none on top. Wolfie, on the other hand, has a more hair. It's quite light so you can't really see it, but it's growing everywhere on his head in a consistent manner.

Other milestones include sitting up, but he doesn't seem to like to roll over. Not from front to back, not from back to front. He's done it a few times, but doesn't show much interest in doing it regularly. He does manage to move around his crib quite a bit. I'll lay him down with his head pointing north and when I go to pick him up at the end of his nap, his head pointing in a totally different direction.

He has discovered banging things together and seems to get a lot of enjoyment out of that. I'll have to post the video I have of him banging the lids of Marlena's toy pots together. Actually I have a lot of videos I need to post... I'll start soon... I promise...

In the meantime, here is a picture of Marlena, from the same day we took the picture of Wolfie above, with her friend rocking out with her tennis racket guitar.

No comments: