Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Nothing yet...

Well... the due date is tomorrow... but I'm not sure anything is going to happen. Our doula says to beware to the nesting instinct - basically the unnatural urge to clean drawers/cupboards at 1 am. If I get that urge, that means labour is imminent. Haven't had that, but did spend all day yesterday cleaning the apartment. We took the Christmas tree down - that was sad - vacuumed like crazy, dusted down the chandalier-thingy (don't think that's every been done), re-arranged the furniture (by myself) and then moved it back otherwise Don said he would beat me...

Today on the list of things to do is organize the laundry closet... I'm contemplating organizing the pantry cupboards, but that's a pretty big job and I'm feeling kind of lazy - I may not even do the laundry closet. No nesting instinct there. I did get up to go walk on the treadmill, but it was already being used. And now I'm sitting on my couch and don't much feel like moving. I was thinking of going to a movie today. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chronicles of Narnia and Memoirs of a Geisha. Seems like now would be a good time to check out a movie. But that would involve getting off the couch... Maybe I'll go have a snooze...

Maybe I should have just kept working... would have been more productive and distracting. The only thing is you can't really take on projects if you don't know when you'll be handing them off.

More news: the other two ladies who were also pregnant at Verity and due on the 2nd and 3rd of January have already had their babies.

No comments: