Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Still waiting...

Today is the due date calculated by the doctor... The fertility software (yes Virginia, there is fertility software) calculated the due date to be tomorrow. I'm not so sure anything is going to happen. The nesting instinct hasn't hit me yet.

I did go for a long walk on the treadmill this morning. About an hour. That's supposed to help get contractions going and also helps the baby drop into position better.

My parents also arrived today. I think they were shocked when they saw me. I must be pretty big - tho' I don't see it when I look at myself. I do see it when I see pictures Don has taken of me - but I think I've said that before. Also, when I went with my dad to Costco, one older gentleman made the comment that "someone" had just eaten a watermelon. Took me a while. Then, in the parking lot at Costco, a professional-looking woman looked at me and said "When are YOU due?". Told her today. She wished me good luck.

My parents both think it's going to be a girl. And according to my mom, they take their time. Still, I think I'll go for another long walk tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl or boy, your child is going to be loved.

I am visiting your blog daily until the day when he or she arrives.

It will be born in the year of the Dog...how appropriate for Hobbes.

X0X

Grace