Monday, August 21, 2006

New Pictures

So, by switching my browser (right now I'm using Firefox), I seem to once again be able to add pictures to my blog. Here is one from last week. I liked all the colors. Marlena's new favourite spot is sitting right in front of all her toys. That way she can pull out whatever catches her eye. Already, she is trying to pull herself up and you'll often find her on her knees with her hands in one of the bins, playing with whatever toy.

Today I tried a different approach. I pulled the bins out of the shelf and placed them on the floor. She didn't seem as interested. I think she liked the challenge of reaching up and in.

Her latest skill, is banging two toys together. She seems to like to do that. Other "skills" include holding an object in each hand. Did you know that was a skill? I didn't. I found that out last night as I was surfing the web to look for suggestions on how to play with her to develop her skills. One suggestion was, once she had an object in each hand, to offer her a third object to see what she does. This morning I did just that - she dropped one the took what I was offering her. What we still need to learn: dropping things into buckets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Die Bilder sind einmalig; das es so etwas gibt ist grossartig. Schade das alles in Englisch ist, kann das ja nicht verstehen und würde gerne auch etwas in deutsch lesen was da geschrieben ist.
Vielen dank für die wunderschönen Bilder, man kann einfach nicht genug davon haben.