Sunday, October 23, 2005

Nesting Instinct has kicked in....


and poor Don has to suffer because he has to help me clean the house.

We did our main cleaning yesterday. That means that while I clean the bathrooms and vacuum, Don cleans the kitchen and washed the tile and linoleum floors. I don't think he minds cleaning up the kitchen, but I don't think he likes washing the floors. Neither do I. I did give him the choice of cleaning the bathrooms (plus toilets) or washing the floors. He chose the floors....

But that was just regular cleaning. No, the nesting instinct asserted itself yesterday after we came home from Costco - this was also after the hospital orientation. Don was putting stuff in the fridge and the fridge, in general, is not really organized, and it totally got to me and made me quite short-tempered. Quite short tempered.

Also, what's been bugging for a while, is the guest bedroom. To make it tidy before my mom came, we basically piled everything into the closet, which meant that there was no room in the closet for any clothing. Eventually we brought some shelves up and tried to organize a little more... but not very successfully. But now it's getting to a point where I feel a compulsion to get everything organized. And Don has to help me. Today we tackled the guest bedroom. We got all out paper work organized into folders, which cleared up a lot of space in the closet. Moved some of the kitchen stuff in there to the kitchen. Re-organized some boxes... and lo and behold, we have space, not only for hanging clothes, but also on the baker's rack shelf for folded clothes. Hooray. It's nice to be able to offer guests space to put their clothes.

Other projects that need to be done:
(1) find my wooden embroidery hoop. It's gotta be somewhere. Since I didn't find it in the closet in the guest bedroom that means
(2) tidy up the garage and go through all the boxes and look for my missing stuff. I'm also missing a pillow
(3) properly organize the laundry closet. We have the shelves now I just need to utilize them more efficiently
(4) tidy up the master bedroom - maybe even rearrange the furniture (don't tell Don) so we can fit the Pack'nPlay in there where the baby will sleep
(5) get all the cd's burned into our home computer which is doubling as our stereo/radio/television - and then alphabetize the cds in the guest bedroom
(6) line the shelves in the kitchen with the cork liner that I have. Makes a huge difference.

And I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff as we get closer to the due date.

Anyway, if you click on the picture of Don organizing the paper work in the spare bedroom - the guest bedroom, you'll see some more pictures of our place. Not the best pictures of the place - we haven't cleaned up the dining room table yet - but hopefully it'll give you an idea of what our place looks like... and how Don likes to decorate. Black and white. There'd be pictures up on the wall, but I haven't finished putting them in the frames. And I thought of another thing we need to do

(7) find lamps so we have more light in the living room, guest bedroom and baby's room

No comments: